DaLee Kicker

Picture
For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven. Ecc 3:1

Yesterday, marked the beginning of school in our area in Houston.  In our 26 plus years of parenting with 5 children, we have faced many firsts and lasts.  In recent years every beginning of a new school year was a first or last.  First day of middle school.  Last first day of high school. First time a child drove to school.  Last year our older boys were in school together.  This year marks, the last first day of High School for Shelby,  and the first day of high school for Mason.  The last year that Lee and I will have 2 children in high school.  The last year that we will have a child begin high school.  The last time that we will support 2 different high schools.  The last year, there will be more than one child in a "back to school" photo.

Exciting times and sad times.  Easy times and hard times.  Time for everything and a season for every activity.  Solomon describes a season for every activity in Ecclesiastes 3.  This passage was a powerful reminder that we all have seasons of sadness, happiness, grief, searching, building, etc.  My season of "active" parenting is winding down.  We have such a short time left with the last two and the season will come to a close.  Have I done everything I should?, have I taught them what they need to know? are they ready to embrace the world?

Today, as a sit back and enjoy this season of first and lasts, I will rest in the arms of Jesus, that we have  "Trained up a child in the way he should go;  even when he is old he will not depart from it."  Proverbs 22:6.  This has been the scripture that we hold on to as our children grow up and make their own decisions and leave the nest.  First and last we entrust them to God and pray continually!

What season are you in?  Is it a first or last? Embrace and enJoy the season that you are in, for we all know it passes quickly.

The Holy Bible: English Standard Version. (2001). (Pr 22:6). Wheaton: Standard Bible Society.

The Holy Bible: English Standard Version. (2001). (Ec 3:1). Wheaton: Standard Bible Society.

Comments

We all have that moment in our lives when we considered it as a season or the moment we feel very blessed. Praying and having a moment with the Lord by reading the books can surely help us in our everyday lives and as a Christian we should be enthusiastic about it. We should love God always and put Him in our hearts at all times.

02/07/2017 11:55pm

One of my favorite verses in the Bible is actually the verse from Eclessiastes 3:11. It says about how the Lord made everything beautiful in its time. Just like what you have shared above, I have to agree that there is surely a reason and season for everything. Just always remember that there is always a new beginning in every ending. There is always a rainbow after the rain. There is always hope in every new beginning.

09/16/2016 6:36am

Blessed moments in the life are short duration of the time in which we feel the blessing at the peak level. Learning from the books give the knowledge of many thing which cannot be gained from the other things and studies. We can help our daily life problems with that techniques.

09/17/2016 8:53am

Ahhh...! That blog give me the deep heart feeling . I reached into my old memories. What a pleasant days that was. Great blog I love it!

09/25/2016 10:20am

You are right. Time passes really quickly. What is your favorite season?

Ted is an online helping tool for students where students can take help of experts for their writing assignment. They can get precise guidance for any kind of writing assignment.

11/26/2016 12:07am

Thank you for posting this post and I work in villakubu.com a travel agent, Traveling to a nifty place cut subsidize be a shocking erode to the uninitiated, conclusively it's one that can also expand our remind of the world, and gat a handle on something the affairs of us to love our protect lives more. This string attached to something shows ways anywhere drave uphold and forth can earn our lives for the better.

12/16/2016 12:56am

I can't tell you how often I've heard that question posed lately. Everywhere I turn online, I read the question "Does working online equal money?" Often they also add, "Well, how much can I make?" The answer to the first question is a resounding yes! You can, for example, put yourself out as a freelance writer if you are in any manner talented as a writer, or you could do translations for people if you speak another language fluently. How about editing someone else's work?