DaLee Kicker

Picture
Patiently sitting in a straight back uncomfortable chair in a sterile doctor’s office with my Dad waiting on the Dr.  The room was filled with the necessary equipment for exams and procedures, the ominous looking machines with scopes attached and monitors glaring at us.  Although, that captured my Dad’s attention, he was most enamored by the picture on the wall.  You have seen them, the almost cartoon like drawing of a beach with the Wooden beach rental chairs and an umbrella in the middle.  This picture prompted a memory of more than 50 years ago of a young teen age boy, earning gas money during the summer on Clearwater beach and my Dad began to talk about the job of putting out the chairs, the fact that it was $2.00 a day to rent them.  “It wasn’t a bad job, but when I got the job with the City as a Lifeguard, it was a pay raise and a promotion. I was the one in charge on the beach.”  A sweet conversation ensued about his time working on the beach.

I believe with all of my heart that the ocean is God’s best work!  It is my happy place.  I do my best work on the beach, listening to the waves crash, watching the waves creep up the sand, but never go too far, and simply soaking in the vastness of the deep blue-green ocean.  When trouble abound, I head to the beach for clarity and direction.  My Dad instilled in me a love for the big beautiful body of water, from my first swim in Clearwater beach at the ripe old age of 3 weeks.

Sweet memories of times gone by are more available than the simple things of now, like, what was eaten for lunch or how long he has to stay in rehab.  I was reminded this morning, that we need to reminisce and we need to reflect on our journey with God as well.  Through all of our good times, today and yesterday, God is with us, He reminds us of what He has done in our lives, through the lessons from Deuteronomy 8:2-3:

“And you shall remember the whole way that the Lord your God has led you these forty years in the wilderness, that he might humble you, testing you to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep his commandments or not. And he humbled you and let you hunger and fed you with manna, which you did not know, nor did your fathers know, that he might make you know that man does not live by bread alone, but man lives by every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord[1]

Lord, help me to foster those memories and not get frustrated with answering the “today” questions over and over again.

[1] The Holy Bible: English Standard Version. (2001). (Dt 8:2–3). Wheaton: Standard Bible Society.

Comments

07/13/2016 9:17pm

You have an amazing interpretation regarding normal everyday objects we see and experience. I do believe that sometimes fragments of our memories are seen in simple, small objects we experienced before. The reason for you having an insight of your memory with the beach chairs is because of the experiences and the realization of your faith with God when you sat in it. God works in mysterious ways. God will give you bits of each of his love and grace to you in ways you cannot easily see.

10/15/2016 8:07am

I do believe that we can use those memories as a testimony of how great the Lord is in our lives. It is indeed we need to reminisce and reflect on the things that the Lord has done with our lives. Through those memories, we are able to realize that even though life is full of tests, there are still hundreds of reasons to be happy. The Lord won't leave nor forsake us. He is the God yesterday, today and forever. Thank you for sharing this. I was able as well to realize something.

11/21/2016 8:44am

Yes, I believe so much on this and have experienced myself how wonderful and miraculous it is to be embraced and touched by our nature. We might grow old and forget the past things good or bad that happened in our lives but surely we will forever nourish and remember how we've loved and feel the nature. It gives your spirit and soul the refreshing and relaxing memories. When I was younger, I loved so much to stay in the beach, to swim, to relax , and just to be quiet and calm with the beauty of nature.

Thank you for sharing this sweet story behind the beach chairs. I share your love of bodies of water. They just have this allure to it that makes you feel calm instantly. Being underwater for a few seconds makes me feel like time has stopped for a few seconds and my mind clears up a bit. I do not have a specific memory related to anything on the beach, but when I am there I feel like all my problems disappear. I am able to think about a lot of things and make sense of all the things that is happening to my life lately.

07/16/2016 6:52am

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.

07/20/2016 7:39am

This is a precious information and really a helpful post too. Thanks to share a useful information. There are some interesting aspects in your article and I learned lot of things, thank you.

07/20/2016 5:10pm

It's really good to know this thing at this time, I don't need to browse somewhere anymore. Thank you.

07/21/2016 7:13am

Okay you are correct, in fact Personal home page is a open source and its assist we can take free from any forum or web site since it takes place here at this web site.

08/08/2016 4:42am

I like this great story. You are so good at writing! Thanks.

08/15/2016 3:13am

I am always searching online for articles that can help me. There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working, great job!

09/11/2016 2:41pm

I love the most beautiful and awesome view of beach while sitting on beach chairs. These are most comfortable kinds of chairs that refresh our memories.

Starting now it shows up as if WordPress is the favored blogging stage open comfortable point. (from what I've scrutinized) Is that what you're using on your site? Amazing post at any rate I was considering whether you could create a litte more on this subject?

09/18/2016 10:20am

Beach chairs reveals a lot of special and awesome memories on beach. The happiest moments of my life is remembered on this beach chairs. The rooms are also very best here.

MySehat.pk aims to provide a quick and easy way for users to search, review and rate medical providers. Accurate and credible information helps them make the right choice for their medical needs.

10/20/2016 1:21am

There are so many types of vending machines available from different vending machine manufacturers and suppliers. Some machines need electricity to vend the products, while some others use mechanical motion to vend. They come in several sizes, shapes, colors, and prices.

After I read and look at this article that I read I feel quite satisfied with the content contained on this page article, his future, I hope there are more interesting.

11/20/2016 11:39pm

I too loved the ocean. I like the sound of the waves, the feel of the grains of sand below my feet and the call of the sea gulls that fly over us as we bask under the sun. This article only means that we should cherish even the smallest of things and we could reflect on these to know what are the changes that have happened within us.

11/28/2016 2:13am

How to Take Care of Your New Sofa If you buy a good quality sofa, it should last for many years, but there are some things that you can do in order to make sure that your new furniture stands the test of time.

12/06/2016 11:51pm

Something else you should really try to avoid is picking a chair based on style rather than comfort. If you have a home office then odds are you will be the only one in that office most of the time and because of that you don't need to impress anybody. The one thing I recommend is to test out every office chair that you can find, it won't matter that much if the chair looks funny, just make sure you get something that is comfortable to you.

12/14/2016 12:17am

Washington DC Schools after schools and out of school programs are getting a boost from the nonprofit DC Children and Youth Investment Trust Corporation and The Wallace Foundation

12/14/2016 6:29am

Speech recognition software is a time saver for those that spend time online writing for money. There are some useful products on the market as well as software built into most computer operating systems. using speech recognition software saves time which equates to more money for you.

12/15/2016 12:25am

When someone steals your car, it's called grand theft auto. And when your web site content is stolen, it's the online equivalent of identity theft - your company's identity. Whether you've written your content or hired a professional copywriter to write it, finding your copy on someone else's web site is infuriating. But you can put a stop to it!

04/10/2017 11:41am

These basic coffee machines don't have any moving parts. The preparation you gave is genuinely wonderful

04/29/2017 1:45am

Useful information lot of new thing getting a full of chance and make it easy to understand.

05/30/2017 8:33am

Very interesting looking post and I must appraise your efforts to write this post.

06/21/2017 2:49am

Agen bola siap beraksi membantu anda.