DaLee Kicker

My slumber was abruptly disturbed at 5:37 am, “Mrs. Kicker, this is Solaris rehab calling, it is not an emergency, but we wanted to let you know, your Dad fell this morning and has a couple of “skin tears”.  Throughout each day that I am not living out of a suitcase at my brother’s lake house, I get a variety of phone calls, texts or  facebook messages about my Dad’s condition, asking for a decision about his care, just letting me know what has happened or a general report on his condition.

You see, in just a few short weeks, we have gone from that ominous Power of Attorney, “just in case something were to happen”, to a daily deluge of health decisions, financial decisions, and business decisions.  A constant drip, drip, drip.

In essence, my life and my family’s life have been put on hold during this season.  Little did we know that when we received that phone call that my Dad had fallen and was in the hospital, that I would spend 8 days in FL, and then come home only for weekends in the weeks that followed and that pattern will continue for the foreseeable future.

I have grown weary, weary of doing good.  That is what this is right? caring for a parent, is good.

29 He gives strength to the weary and strengthens the powerless. 30 Youths may faint and grow weary, and young men stumble and fall, 31 but those who trust in the Lord will renew their strength; they will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not faint.

Isaiah 40:29-31 has such a good reminder of how the Lord will give me strength as long as I trust in the him and seek his direction.  Every morning  I seek the Lord, ask for direction in my decision making about my Dad and strength to carry through.

My bucket is getting full of the constant drips, but I will not let it overflow!

Comments

Such situations are always not so good and people face so many difficulties with the mental stress. There is a need to find the best solution at your earliest to avoid any issue happens.

02/01/2017 2:15am

I'm very sorry for your father's condition. But somehow, I was amazed how you value your father. Nowadays, there are sons or daughters who do not value their parents especially their fathers. They give less value, especially when their father is already old and sick. That's why I admire you for taking care of your father. Keep it up!

08/13/2016 5:51am

Simply want to say your article is as surprising. The clarity on your put up is simply cool and i could suppose you're an expert in this subject.

MySehat.pk aims to provide a quick and easy way for users to search, review and rate medical providers. Accurate and credible information helps them make the right choice for their medical needs.

11/17/2016 11:44pm

These are tough times for you and your family. It's important for you to keep your faith stronger than ever before. Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. God let this happen because of some plan that He has. We only have to trust and believe. Keep on praying.

11/27/2016 8:35pm

Thanks so much with this fantastic new web site. I’m very fired up to show it to anyone. It makes me so satisfied your vast understanding and wisdom have a new channel for trying into the world.

12/10/2016 4:03am

The first time I came here, less than 10 seconds the display is perfectly open, and the loading is completed less than 20 seconds and to open the article only took about 7 seconds. So I think this is very fast! Incredible! Trying to maintain!

12/21/2016 7:43am

Advantageously, the article is really the best on this notable topic. I harmonize with your conclusions and will thirstily look forward to your approaching updates.

12/27/2016 12:13am

Hey that was great to read. Thanks for the great post .Loved every part of it.

01/20/2017 9:13am

I am very much overwhelmed by your thoughts for this particular story. A more deeper and staged knowledge would be good for me.

01/30/2017 12:59pm

Should you feel find it difficult to, you undoubtedly is not able to; If you don't intend, to have failing. Things are subject to intellect, reduction of hundreds exercises are hopeless prior to starting.